3.06.2008

Maddi's First(?) Haircut





Maddi has been a bit "hair challenged" since birth. Both of my boys needed haircuts by 15 months of age, yet here we are with my daughter, 3 1/2 years old, and still BARELY needing a haircut. When I found out I was having a girl, I had visions of cute, bouncy pigtails or even braids flowing out of my daughters head. Disgusted by the fact that I have never been able to be successful at having long hair, I had big dreams for Maddi. However, I am still waiting to live out those dreams as Maddi has hardly any hair and what she does have is very thin. I mean, come on--even I was wearing a full blown mullet by the age of two. (I have pictures to prove it if no one believes me.)


After last summer, the ends of her meager hair strands were left a bit dry and coarse, so today we finally decided to go in to get her a real "big girl" haircut. (In case any of you didn't know, Maddi did get a "sample" haircut from her brother Lars as they were playing one day a year or so ago and then another little "trim" from her friend Olaiya a few months after that, but those were just a few random clips here and there.)


When we got to the salon (does Cost Cutters classify as a salon?) she hopped right on up into the chair and gave me a big grin for her "before" picture. I snapped away during the course of her haircut and Maddi was very pleased with the end result. Now, I realize that most of you won't be able to tell the difference between before and after, but Maddi had a great time and thought her hair looked "much better!" after. The highlight of it all? Getting to pick out a toy from their special drawer of course!

1 comment:

kaleidoscope said...

Such a big girl, your very first 'real' haircut!! You look so pretty. :)