Swimming was another popular item on our trip and we all thought it was pretty cool that we were able to go swimming and have snow at the edge of the pool. Jamie dared Drew and Alek to go lay their bellies in the snow and see who could do it the longest. I'm not sure that was the best idea (does "frostbite" ring any bells?) but they were smart enough to only do it once.
As for Lars, he was content hanging out at the edge of the pool where he could touch and grab on if need be. No being wild and crazy for him when it comes to being in the water. Just a silly, toothless grin for me as I tried to take his pic in the pool. Did I mention that he lost another tooth while we were in Colorado? The tooth fairy sure pays a lot more there than in Iowa, and since Emma also lost a tooth the same day as Lars I had to make sure of the going rate.
Maddi on the other hand was constantly begging Jamie to throw her up in the air, each time higher than the time before. She loves to dunk her head in the water and likes to try and swim to the edge of the pool "all by myself", even though she just sinks. She comes out laughing and giggling every time. I got some nice shots of her swimsuit bottoms falling off of her while being thrown in the air--talk about a "crack" up (bad joke I know but it's been a long day).
I hope you enjoy the pics and stories from our trip. For some reason, my camera erased the pictures of the kids at the ice skating rink but I think you get the idea of all the fun we had and what a great time it was to see our friends again.
1 comment:
I'm tagging you Laura.
check my blog to find out what to do.
Vick
Post a Comment