About three months ago Jamie and I presented our kids with three different "Spring Break" options. The first option was Mexico (hot sun, shorts weather, swimming in the water all day, fruity drinks with little umbrellas, ahhhh.....), the second was Disney, and finally, snowboarding in Colorado. In unison, Drew and Lars screamed "SNOWBOARDING!" (much to Jamie's liking--I think he responded with, "That's my boys!") and so our trip was decided. Who knew at the time that this would be the year that Iowa tries to beat all previous snowfall records and that we would all be dying for a trip to somewhere warm. (Ok, maybe that's just me, but darn it that I got out-voted!)
To get ready for our big adventure we decided to go to Snow Star, a ski area outside of the Quad Cities, and let the kids try out snowboards and skis and see how they did. The night before we went to Scheels to get the kids some ski goggles. Lars was so excited that he made us put them on him before we even left the store, and insisted on wearing them while he ate breakfast the next morning.
Drew did awesome at snowboarding and Maddi loved skis. She would scream, "CANNONBALL!" as she plowed down the hill (we're not really sure why she chose "cannonball", but that's okay) and Lars tried both the snowboard and skis. I think he preferred the snowboard better but I'm not really sure. He was mad that they wouldn't give him any poles so that might be why. I tried to snowboard for the first time and decided that it might not be my thing. Jamie and Drew were able to go down a blue run by the end of the day and Drew thought that was pretty cool.
Look out Steamboat, here we come!!!
1 comment:
Neat pictures! :) Looks as though you had a great time practicing and I know you'll have an even better time in Steamboat!
Post a Comment