11.11.2007

High School Reunion




So, you know when you haven't seen someone forever but whenever you do see them it's like you just picked up right where you left off? That's how it is with three of my dearest high school friends I got to go out with last Friday night. My friend Clare from D.C., Christy from D.M., and Erin from right here in good 'ol I.C. were able to get together and didn't stop talking long enough to take a breath, let alone stop laughing for 4 hours. It's just so nice to have those friends who knew you when you were possibly the biggest dork of your life, but they STILL love you anyway. It was so great to rehash old stories of getting away with things (and just as many of NOT getting away with them)...or the favorite stories that get repeated every time we manage to get together like "Loomis Park + beer cans=Police Officers". I like to think that we are older (Ugghh!)-did I mention it was also Clare's birthday!? and much wiser than we were so many years ago, but its nice to know that those moments that made me who I am today were also shared by such dear friends and helped make them who they are today as well. Ok, ok, enough with the sentimental crap already, and I must give a big thanks to the husbands of the group who braved the wrath of four chatterboxes. They were troopers as we discussed such favorite topics as Taco Tico and the "Vortex" (yes, they were just as confused as many of you are right now) but they stuck it out. (Mostly because they had designated drivers to get them home safely!) All in all, it was an awesome night and when we do it again in another 5 years, I am confident we'll once again pick up right where we left off! Love ya girls-

2 comments:

kaleidoscope said...

What a crew! :) It's great seeing all of you again and you didn't keep nearly as many stunts secret as you might think. Mothers have a way of knowing many things. Snell Park, Starlite, Two Sisters, just to name a few...........!:)

Hawkeyegirl said...

Five years??? We can't wait another five years!!! It was so great to see you guys. Thanks for making turning 30 a little bit easier (notice I abandoned 25 as my default birthday).