10.28.2007

Bumps and Bruises




I picked up Lars from preschool last week and found him on the playground with a big shiner on his right eye. The pitfalls of playing tag at the end of a long day. He didn't seem too upset about it by the time I got there and when we were leaving he insisted on stopping in the bathroom to "see it!" He took one look and said, "Cool." and walked away. So, my heart is feeling sad for my little boy that I wasn't there to protect and he is actually kind of proud! Boys. I must say, this guy has had his share of ups and downs as he took several other falls this summer after he learned to ride with no training wheels. There were many instances where I had to run and find my child laying in pools of blood (yes, pools) due to whacked chins (chins bleed forever!) and scraped knees, but none were quite as bloody as the one from this photo attached that gave him the fat lip. I suspect this won't be the last of the fat lip/black eye type of photos, but it still makes your heart stop everytime I hear one of my kids cry out because they got hurt. I also suspect that, as a mother, I will feel that way for the rest of my life no matter the source of their pain.

1 comment:

kaleidoscope said...

"I also suspect that, as a mother, I will feel that way for the rest of my life no matter the source of their pain."

You will, indeed. :) Mothers are fixers, healers, protectors and nothing on earth is stronger.