12.29.2008

Spring Break 2009




So we started a new tradition at the Kain Household this year. We have decided that every year, the very last Christmas present that the kids get to open will be the announcement of our Spring Break plans. Truth be told, we are secretly hoping that this new tradition means a few things for us:
1. Our kids will always WANT to come on a Spring Break trip with us
2. As they get older and have families of their own, we can still all take a family vacation together every year
I know this all sounds a little hopeful, but you've got to start somewhere right? Jamie and I have yet to take a vacation without the kids (that means 9 years!) because we just can't think of any trip we would want to take that they couldn't be included on. I'm sure someday we will, but spending uninterrupted, fun, family time together is just too priceless right now!

So this years trip (drum roll please.....) is to Minneapolis, MN! Lars was MORE than thrilled because it means he can go to the Mall of America where there is a LEGOLand and he can buy little Lego guys by the handful. We also plan on staying in the Water Park Hotel to get a little pool side action, and we are going to top it off with a little slope side action at Afton Alps. We can't wait and hope our new tradition brings fun for many years to come!

1 comment:

kaleidoscope said...

Afton Alps! So many memories from when I first started skiing! I know you'll have a great time while there!