As I walked past our bathroom the other day, I see my daughter standing at the sink messing with her hair. I ask if everything is ok and her response is "no" in an uncertain tone at best. I come a little closer and see a blue blob in the back of her hair, and suddenly gasp with horror...GUM!
Now, many of you may be asking, "What in the world is a 4 year old doing chewing gum", but you have to realize that this child has been successfully chewing gum since the age of 2. Not one accident, not one wad stuck anywhere to anything in or around my house, until now. Ugh!
I search my brain's rolodex for any previous knowledge of "gum removal" techniques, only to come up with ice cubes. (This is important because everyone who I've told the story to has instantly blurted out, "Did you try peanut butter?") To no avail, the ice cubes were ineffective at best, (it does work on clothes though) and I was left with only one option...SCISSORS.
I did my best and tried to remove as little hair as possible from my already hair deficient child's head. I must say it is hidden pretty well, but we have taken several steps back in terms of being anywhere near able to come up with some sort of functioning ponytail.
Someday, ahhh, someday......
No comments:
Post a Comment