My daughter is learning to read and I can say that it is not coming quite as easily for her as it did her brothers. I have to remind myself that she is really young in her class, but she is starting to become frustrated.
And I don't want to go there.
She desperately wants to read *chapter* books.
She excels at motivation, so we've got that going for us.
My friend Vicki brought us over some magnetic sight word cards today, and ever since she got home from school, that's all she's done. Yep, play with those pesky sight words.
And she loves it!
I snuck in a pic of her arranging and rearranging them on her board.
You'll get it sweet girl, you'll get it...
2 comments:
She will! There are many kids just like her!
one of these days it's just going to click and she'll be reading all the chapter books she can get her hands on.. it'll come.
Post a Comment