8.29.2010

Down, Set, Hike!

So football has started for my 5th grader.

TACKLE football.

Can't believe how big these boys look in their pads and how official they look with their helmets. All one of my friends could say (repeatedly) when she saw them was, "Now that's just cute."

Which they were, but I think when I am telling Drew this story I'll say she used the word "tough", or something along those lines ;)

Drew has been assigned to the position of center for offense, and for defense he is a middle linebacker. I think. I'll have to ask him...

First scrimmage of the season was this weekend and they had so much fun! Games start 2 weeks from today--Go Trojans!
Holy Hugeness!
Look at that center! (note TWO handed grip because his hands aren't quite big enough for a one handed grip)
defense
The snap!
Drew and buddy Ben taking a breather

3 comments:

Vicki said...

that one is making the graduation picture display board, along with them playing in the sprinkler at 2 1/2!! great shot, send me a copy, will ya?
loving this new chapter with them!

kaleidoscope said...

He looks huge!! :)

The Fam said...

great pictures! Its fun watching them with you.