6.01.2010

Hello Again!

Well it has certainly been awhile and I have no witty (or worthy) excuses for being away so long. I thought about putting up 7 or 8 different posts just to get caught up, then I decided--naaahh! Too much effort! Not that you're all not worth it, of course! ;) However, in the interest of time (which I don't have enough of BTW) I'll just start with some recent *happenings* and see where that takes me!

For Memorial Day, we went with some friends to Decorah for a scenic and leisurely float down the Upper Iowa River on kayaks. The weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Drew got to go solo in his own kayak for the first time while the other two kiddos rode *passenger style*. If I were a good mom I would have photos of this, but I'm not. Ok, I am, but the battery in my point and shoot was dead. No juice. Nothin'. Bummer. *Sigh*. Guess we'll have to go back next year!


The boys and their carving sticks
sleeping beauty
ok, so maybe the coffee pot was a bit much. nope, just perfectness!
again, just wanted to share with you how we like to rough it.
this might have been about 9:15?? our group had some stimulating conversation by the fire that night!!
check out the white eyebrows after a day in the sun
our view from our campsite. not too shabby for Iowa, eh??
josh and our chili. don't ask. it's a tradition. and it rocks.
yep. that's pizza. leftovers from the graduation party in CF we were at prior to our arrival at the campsite. proves there is no bad time or improper way to eat pizza.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks awesome! Where were you camping? It looked gorgeous!

The Fam said...

I love that river too, great memories. Glad you had a good time and yes, thanks for posting!

ljk said...

We were at Hruska's campsite in Bluffton. They have a livery so we just rented canoes from them and they transport them to your spot on the river and everything. Easy peasy! and super fun!