School has been out almost a month and I can't even begin to understand where the time has gone! Well, ok, that's not true--it has been filled with travel, camps, days at the pool, and baseball for all three of them. WOW! Whoever coined the phrase *Lazy Days of Summer* DEFINITELY did not have three young kids in their house!
Anyway, when I came home from work yesterday I was greeted with two big announcements from my kids. The first was from Lars. He announced that he had passed the deep water test at the pool and showed me the signature "yellow band" that they wear (see pic). He was grinning from ear to ear! In my mind he's still too little to swim in the deep end! He was so proud and he even jumped off the high dive. Way to go Lars!!
The other announcement was from Drew. Yesterday was his last day of Iowa basketball camp and at the end they always have an awards ceremony. Well, he had already won an award for Hawkeye Camp Hustler of the Day earlier in the week, and his team didn't get off to a very good start in their tournament so he assumed he would not be getting any awards on the final day. Much to his surprise, his team rallied back on the final day and ended up winning the whole tournament so he ended up getting a trophy! Drew had a blast and can't wait to go back next year!
While I don't see any lazy days ahead, we sure are having fun amongst all the chaos! Before I know it I'll be stocking up with school supplies...but not before we set out on at least a few more adventures!
No comments:
Post a Comment