5.10.2009

Happy Mother's Day to Me!











I have officially decided that I have the best family a girl could ask for! I'm not sure how a day could have been more perfect, or how a mom could be made to feel more loved than I was today.!

We started off the day one of the best ways I know how; in church worshiping an AWESOME God that is so willing to take care of our every need if we just let Him. All He asks is that we seek Him out and place our trust in Him. "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." Matthew 6:33-34. In the words of Beth Moore (for any of you that have done her bible studies), "Can I get an Amen?!"

After church, Jamie took the kiddos out to do a little shopping for mom. We were kind of sneaky this year as I had gotten a free iPod nano with some credit card points I had redeemed, so I saved it and told Jamie to have the kids "give it" to me for Mother's Day. Since he didn't want me to know everything I was getting, he took the kids out and had them pick out some accessories for it, and then they each picked out a plant/flowers for me. Drew got me an asiatic lily to plant (one of my favorites), Lars got me a huge pot of gerbera daisies (another favorite!), and Maddi got me a planter filled with a bunch of different annuals that is perfect for the morning sun I get on my porch. I also had SEVEN Mother's Day cards from them that they had made.

After gift opening we went to lunch at a mexican restaurant where we needed to get confirmation (for Lars' sake) from the waitress that Ole! and Hola were in fact two different words with two different meanings. Apparently he thought they sounded similar enough depending on where you put the emphasis (I guess??) He of course didn't believe me... Anyway, with him satisfied, Maddi then reminded me that for her birthday lunch last August we went to a different mexican restaurant where they put the "muchacha hat" on her head. She of course meant a sombrero, and they did in fact put a huge one on her head while they sang to her. Maybe I should ask Santa to bring Rosetta Stone for my kids next Christmas!

After lunch I got to spend my dream afternoon in the yard planting my new plants, and then it was time for brats on the grill, cooked by chef Jamie! They were awesome! Unfortunately, he had to go in to work tonight so after he left I just hung out with the kids watching a movie until bedtime. Lars sat in my lap, and Drew laid down with his head on my leg. Maddi was also close by, and the love that I felt for my kids and from my kids was truly amazing!

It was definitely a Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Laura, *great* picture of you girl! What a perfect day!