Okay, so this time I have to tell you 5 things I hate to admit about myself, so here goes...
1. I am a MAJOR procrastinator, and it is getting worse. I really do start off with good intentions, but somehow I just can't bring myself around to having the motivation to follow through. Oh, I eventually get the task done, but I think to myself, "if I would have just done that when I first thought about it, I wouldn't have wasted so much time thinking about it and it could have been done by now." Do you see the horrible cycle of it all? It is so bad, that it even leads me to my next thing I hate to admit...
2. I am addicted to sticky notes. I possibly even have a sticky note problem. My biggest fear is that something will come up that I need to remember and if I don't write it down, I will forget. I make at least one list on a sticky note everyday. (**see point 3 below**) Now, does that sticky note help me not to procrastinate since what I need to do is written down and I can just go down my list, or does it in fact make my procrastination worse, knowing that I have my list to fall back on? hmmmm...point to ponder.
3. I am a list maker. Now, that is not a bad thing, but the fact that I make lists (on my sticky notes, of course) and rewrite them several times a day is where the *humor* lies in this. I have been known to make a list in the morning, rewrite it in the order I want to do it, and then actually add to the list if I do anything extra. If I have lots to do and can't do it all in one day, I will organize my list into separate days. Now, the best part about "the list" is that you get to cross things off when they are done, making me think I really have accomplished something. So, if I do something extra that is not on my list, I want credit for it so I write it in, then cross it off. It is very liberating. Or I am very wierd. Very possibly the latter...
4. I love reading People magazine. No explanation, I just do.
5. I had a big crush on Bobby Brown when I was in high school. HUGE! I actually got to see him in concert down in Dallas, TX and thought I was the coolest person EVER! Of course all my dreams came crashing down when he went and married Whitney, became a drug addict, and decided to choose a life less than appealing to me. Even his music stopped being good. (Maybe it never was good?) Oh well, thank goodness I wised up and was able to marry someone even better!! He may not sing as good, but hey, I'll take him!
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment