5.01.2008

Dakota Gets a Bath





Our dog has issues. While on a nice walk on a beautiful afternoon, Dakota running off leash, gleefully throughout the land...she finds a dead "something". It was in no way, shape, or form recognizable, and Dakota started jumping up and down, each time rolling a different side of her body onto this apparently irresistable morsel. Oh, did I mention the fact that there were maggots crawling around on it? Sorry, how could I forget. After Jamie was able to get her away from this disgusting remnant of a critter, we finished our walk and took her home for a bath.


Now, last summer we did attempt to give her a bath once or twice, and she HATED it. Thinking that she is now almost 1 so a bit older and wiser (come on, she's really 7 in dog years!) and knowing that she loves to jump in the ponds etc, we figured she'd at least be cooperative. Ok, tolerant...maybe.


Jamie proceeds to get out the hose and spray her a bit to get her a little wet for the soap to lather. She is already getting a little agitated and as the water spray proceeds, she becomes even more ticked off. Eventually she goes into full yelp mode. All three kids have their ears covered because she is so loud. By this point I am sure the neighbors must think we are practicing some evil torture ritual and it is getting downright embarrassing. She decides to shake (as all dogs would) but I am convinced she had unpure thoughts in her head as she was doing this, sending out the message that she is NOT amused, and just wait and see how many more rolls of toilet paper I destroy and leave all over the house. (That is her new favorite pastime. See, I told you she has issues.)


Anyway, she is now quietly laying on the porch, calmed down from all the excitement, and most likely secretly plotting how she is going to get even. But hey, at least she smells good.

No comments: